Saturday, 9 March 2013

100 Day No Spending Challenge: Update Week 1

So week 1 of my No Spending Challenge is over and I have found it a little tricky in all honesty especially as I've been in work everyday this week putting me in dangerously close proximity to all of my favourite shops, Debenhams also had loads of offers on this week including 10% off all beauty and fragrance which was very hard to resist as I'd get extra staff discount on top of that.
I tried really hard not to make any unnecessary purchases and stick to my rules which you can read in my first post here, I had to go to Boots and get some face wipes but I managed to ignore the very tempting 3 for 2 offers that are currently on and walk out with just my face wipes. I also went to Lush to get a bath bomb for Pete's mom and didn't buy a single thing for myself.
I had really long shifts this week so I made sure to take a packed lunch from home rather than wasting money on fast food.
I did buy two magazines this week but as I stated in my rules I am allowed to buy three magazines each month, my one guilty purchase was the new summer edition of Oh Lola! Sunsheer by Marc Jacobs but again I stated in my first post that I was going to buy it, I got it from Debenhams and it was 10% off and I got my staff discount off on top of that so I paid about £36 for it instead of £47.

So all in all I think I did pretty well in my first week and I plan on doing even better next week.

: ]

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great so far! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done :) I would definitely not be able to do this challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! 7 days down 93 to go x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, it's like a shopping diet haha. You've done so well! I think I should take a leaf out of your book :) xo

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...