Monday, 1 October 2012

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic

I bought this pretty recently and you may remember it being on my September wishlist, as you can see I caved and ended up getting myself one to see what all the fuss was about, I actually struggled to get my hands on it as they had sold out of every shade in Boots. I went for the shade Romantic which in it's tube appears quite a dark crimson, this isn't the kind of shade I'd usually go for as I've found reds tend to look a little harsh against my pale skin and ginger hair but I was feeling brave and I actually love this shade. 

Texture wise it's just as great as the lip butters, soft and glossy, without being sticky, which is perfect for me as I'm not overly keen on a matte finish on my lips especially in the colder months when they get a bit dry. The balm glides on and has minty tingle which I love, the colour is quite a bit paler than it appears in the tube but considering this is a balm and not a lipstick I think the colour pay off is pretty fantastic and I've also found it to last amazingly well for a balm and I hardly have to reapply it during the day. Having used my Peach Parfait Lip Butter pretty religiously over the summer I can foresee this balm becoming my go to lip product for autumn.

I had intended to take a new picture for the review but things have been a bit busy and I haven't really been home a lot and when I have the miserable weather has ruined any photo opportunities so I'm afraid this photo from my last FOTD post will have to suffice but I think it does show the colour off pretty well anyway. You can see a couple more photos of it in the FOTD post here.

Do you use this and which shade is your favourite?

: ]

2 comments:

  1. Red is definitely my most loved lipstick shade but I think this isn´t available here in Germany :( You should wear it more often as it looks pretty good with your hair!
    The only thing,and now please don´t get me wrong I really don´t wanna sound mean or anything like that...maybe you should fill out your eyebrows a bit more,just a tiny bit to make your eyes stand out more.It´s really not mean,just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...