Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Product Review: Lush Aqua Mirabilis Body Butter

Aqua Mirabilis £5.95
I absolutely adore this but it's taken me ages to actually try it as I'd used King Of Skin before and been a little put off Lush's Body Butters. When I first bought King Of Skin I thought I'd love it, I'd read great reviews and it smelt lovely (a bit like biscuits) but actually using it I realised it didn't suit my skin at all and left my skin feeling really greasy and didn't seem to rinse off at all (you can read my first review of it here). 
So I was a little reluctant to try this in case it left me equally disappointed, but as soon as I did it was instant love and I expect I'll be buying many more of these in the future. Let's start with the smell, which is delicious, the almond butter and cocoa butter give the bar a delightful nutty scent. The texture is also perfect to me, as the bar contains almond butter, cocoa butter and sandalwood oil I expected it to be quite greasy on the skin but the ground almond shells are gritty enough to exfoliate the skin and buff away the butter so it doesn't leave the same greasy coating as King Of Skin does. As you rub the bar over your skin it leaves a light creamy lather with lots of tiny granules which you then rub over the skin in circular motions, this is really lovely on cold mornings as it helps your circulation as well as creating a really cosy welcoming scent.
 It is a bit pricey and I wish it was a little bigger but I've found that this is lasting a lot better than King Of Skin did, as due to it's buttery oily texture it melted really quickly, the picture below is after two uses and there is a noticeable decrease in size but there's plenty of showers still in it. 
It's fair to say I adore this, the smell is delightful, the texture is the perfect balance between exfoliating and moisturising, and I step out the shower with my skin feeling soft, polished and smelling delightful, what more could I want from a body butter.

Have you tried any of Lush's Body Butters?

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...